Monday, January 12, 2009

WOW! I have a blog!! (what a dork)

January 12, 2009

Woo Hoo!! I am officially a blogger! I have wanted to do this forever, but have not made the time. There is of course no guarantee that I will be faithful in this daily, but I'm sure gonna give it the ole college try. My pastor's wife has mentioned the youth trip that our church went on in her blog but I feel so compelled to mention it again. I personally have never been a part of anything so powerful. The holy spirit moved amongst 6000 people in what was the most awe insipiring thing I have ever witnessed. Just the hush among all of those people was enough to make every hair on my body stand at attention. Oh, did I mention that the majority of these 6000 were TEENAGERS?! For those of you who have never had the privelage to parent a teen or spend any time whatsoever with a teen, I'd like to offer mine, no really, you remember being a teenager...the last place most of us would have been at age 14,15,16, is a Christian conference. Even if there was really, really, loud music! Looking out amidst those kids and seeing them lift there hands in praise and sing along with Third Day just totally blew my mind. God is good. 6 of our kids accepted Christ as their personal Savior on that trip, one more when we got back, and one asked to be baptized. So how's that for the work of the Holy Spirit? Can I get an Amen??
Our youth is also taking part in a drama team. Two wonderful ladies at church have started this drama team and let me tell you WOO..it is so cool. When I first saw their black light performance to Casting Crowns' "Who am I?" I cried so hard that I couldn't breathe. I did it the 2nd and 3rd time too. I'm a little sappy. I'm proud to say that I get to be a part of the next one they are doing. And not just playing with the baby either. (inside story) If anyone reading this is not familiar with the drama team..go to iderbaptist.com and check it out. You will not be disappointed.
I read my pastor's wife's blog tonight and saw her mention of our service on Sunday. Man was that something else? I just have to give a big shout out to our pastor for obeying the Lord. (even if our toes got stepped on) My husband always says if your feelings get hurt by the message, you needed it. I believe it, too. I know our church has been praying and praying for revival. I truly believe that revival has to start in the congregation. When we are "prayed up" and receptive to what the Holy Spirit has to say then and only then can revival begin in our church in our families and in our community. No, I am not a preacher..hahaha. I just love the Lord and love my pastor and his zeal for the Lord. His love for his family,church and the TRUTH!!!
Good grief, I have just rambled on and on. I hope not to do this each time, again, no promises...
Until next time.... Missi

No comments:

Post a Comment